Google Live Cases
Technical Lead, +rehabstudio
2015 - 2016
Working with the team at Rehabstudio, we took Live Cases from an initial concept to a fully featured prototype.
When creating a Live Case, a user can choose a content source (photos, maps) and design their case in 3D in the browser. There is also an Android app that ships with the case, allowing the case to act as a one-tap shortcut!
Challenges of the project included colour matching the online tool with the printed cases, creating a high quality 3D render, creating just as high a quality pseudo 3D (2D) fallback and creating bespoke styles using a Google Map.
As Technical Lead of 15 developers, we rapidly iterated and improved the product. Delivering a mobile first, secure and scalable prototype with wide browser support. This prototype was then used by another team as the basis for the site that was deployed to production.
- Technical Lead of 15 developers
- Defining project technical approach
- Managing project scope and working with stakeholders to prioritise tasks
- Leading sprint reviews and client presentations
- Working with developers and stakeholders to negotiate technical issues and their implications
- Hands-on front-end coding
- Iterating and improving project tools/automation/CI
Tech used: Angular.js, Webpack, Gulp, Karma, Jasmine